Gate One is an HTML5 web-based terminal emulator and SSH client. Top features:
* No browser plugins required!
* Supports multiple simultaneous terminal sessions. As many as your
hardware can handle.
* Users can re-connect to their running terminals whenever they like from
* Can be embedded into other applications. Add a terminal–running whatever
application(s) you want–to your web app! Would be vastly superior to
say, a Java-based serial console applet (hint hint).
* Includes powerful plugin system that supports plugins written in Python,
* The Gate One server can be stopped & started without users losing their
running terminal applications (even SSH sessions stay connected!). In
essence, worry-free upgrades!
* The SSH plugin allows users to duplicate sessions without having to
re-enter their username and password (it re-uses the existing SSH tunnel).
* Provides users with the ability to play back and save/share their terminal
sessions via a self-contained HTML playback file.
* Similarly, supports server-side logging, recording, and video-like
playback of user sessions. It can even log to syslog to support
whatever centralized logging system you want.
* Keberos-based Single Sign-on support is included. It even works with
Active Directory. Other authentication options are available as well.
All documentation is in the “gateone/docs” directory. The HTML documentation is
pre-built and ready-to-read.
IMPORTANT: Gate One is currently IN BETA. Some things may be incomplete or
buggy. Feel free to open new tickets in the issue tracker!
FYI: Gate One was developed entirely by one guy in his spare time over the
course of ~9 months. It turned out pretty good so he’s looking to start a
business out of it. What better way to create jobs than to start by creating
one for yourself? All feedback, tips, and advice is appreciated:
NOTE: http://liftoffsoftware.com/ hasn’t been built yet so links pointing there
will be dead for a while.