DefCamp 2012. Second edition of the Romanian conference dedicated to IT Security or as the organizers declare, in-security. The idea of DefCamp came out in March 2011, after some informal discussions between more computer security addicts from Romania, passionate about various INFOSEC topics.
Friday, November 30, 2012 at 9:00 AM – Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 6:00 PM (PST) Bucharest, Romania. 44.441682,26.059049 to be more precisely. https://plus.google.com/109940733198368750319/about?gl=ro&hl=ro
Unlike the first edition of DefCamp where mostly Romanian underground security specialists enthusiasts were present this year the event is backedup by KPMG Romania.
And I really have to mention the following:
- Jim Manico, VP of Security Architecture at WhiteHat Security and VP OWASP with over 16 years of experience in IT security
- Andras Kabai, Senior IT Security Specialist at Deloitte
- Marian Ventuneac, Security Architect at Genworth Financial and Founder OWASP Ireland-Limerick Chapter
- Alexandru Bălan, Chief Security Researcher at Bitdefender
- Adrian Furtună, Security Consultant at KPMG România and international speaker at IT security conferences
- Bogdan Alecu, System Administrator and international speaker at IT security conferences
Some of the topics discussed will be: 0days, captcha breaking, digipass bypass, mobile security, android malware, DDOS, networking, P2P networks, D&D APT’s, social engineering and baking muffins.
If grey-hat, black-hat, blue-hat or white-hat means more to you then fashion, you should join. There will be security workshops, forensic, cracking, hacking and polo contests. Also it is very important that you keep up with the latest topics in this very dincamic field.
Another reason to join is helping this event to become the best running hacker convention around Eastern Europe.
Official website: http://www.defcamp.ro/
Official Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/DefCamp/116250668472724
Buy your ticket here: http://defcamp2012-es2.eventbrite.com/?rank=1#